Saturday, January 5, 2013

Holiday hand stitches

packages prepared: rolled up quilts and tool box
Holidays meant a few days away from home and a few days without the sewing machine. So I prepared for a few days of hand stitching to finish bindings on four small pieces.
four bindings ready for hand stitching
The largest is 21" square, smallest 16" square. At two minutes per inch - not counting time fiddling with the miter corners - I filled many hours with stitching. This tortoise was happily productive. The result: four finished ufos - not counting sleeves and labels. 
front corners of the four finished pieces
For this one I cut the binding strips on the bias to curve around the corners. 

And the other three? I'll post them after my next critique group meeting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment