Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Work two, play half

After chores Saturday and Sunday, Monday was a day for rest and relaxation. I caught Picasso, Masterpieces from the Musee National Picasso, Paris at the de Young Museum in San Francisco.

There's no question about Picasso's place in the pantheon of modern art.  But afterwards I was hungry for color and expressive brushwork. 
Picasso
Compare that to these Bay Area Figuratives.
David Park Two Bathers

Elmer Bischoff
Which do you prefer?

The rest of the day was lost to computer time.  Really lost. After three hours and much frustration, my computer seized. Yikes! I prayed feverishly for recovery. It did, but it was a sign to back up everything. Eschewed the online system and called customer service. A live person and a quick successful transaction!

Whew! The whole experience left me beaten and pummeled! Watering the garden and washing the car will wait for another day.

2 comments:

  1. I love the play of light in David Park's painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too hard to choose... they are all wonderful in their own way.

    ReplyDelete