Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kick start

It's the last week in January and I hadn't made any progress on my quilt for upcoming local guild show. Stymied by the machine quilting. Do it like Straight Talk? That would be safe. Been there. Done that. Nah! I don't want to repeat myself. Try something new. But what? No clue. So I've done nothing. Hadn't even re-worked the top like I previously posted here.

I was so stuck on later that I couldn't begin. So last night I gave myself a kick in the behind. Just focus on one step at a time. Just start. I made a cut. A leap. It was easy after that. Switch, shift, add, turn. Progress.

Boldness has genius, power and magic. Engage, and the mind grows heated. Begin, and the work will be completed. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

No comments:

Post a Comment