Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ribbons of progress

Have a plan for the ribbon quilt started in the workshop. Make more. Finish the exercises. Just do it! Quilt was really growing. Pulled off green ribbon - too bright - too bossy!

A preview of some ribbons:











Kinda stuck now. Nearly all fabric strips used. I think I could work with these two.


But these last two - I don't like these color combinations. What was I thinking? Last night was a real struggle working with the last one. How does the saying go? Making a purse from a sow's ear?

May be thinking too much. New fabric strips or new plan? Do need bigger design wall.

Yikes, holidays coming! Gotta do as much as possible this week 'cuz holidaze means art takes a back seat until end of the year. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. These show a lot of promise to me. I'd love to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete