Saturday, May 26, 2012

Terry-fic

Terry Jarrard-Dimond was here. 
Terry
Ever since I saw The Big Red Dog at Quilt Visions Biennial 2008 I've followed her blog. I was smitten with her work in the exhibition curated by Nancy Crow, Color Improvisations (still touring in Europe). When I found out she would be teaching a workshop for my guild, I signed up immediately.


I rate this terrific two-day workshop - Developing Your Shape Vocabulary  - at the top of all EBHQ guild workshops I’ve ever taken. She graciously encouraged and engaged our creative eyes & minds as well as shared thoughts and insights of her own. I love having an artist as teacher.

She also enlightened us with her talk Self Critique - How Artists Critique Their Own Work. Wish I had taken notes. The questions she posed to artists are fodder for thoughts for any artist in any medium at any stage.

You can follow Terry's 
blog - see what she’s up to. She'll introduce you to other fabulous artists. Check out her website to find out more about her, her textile constructions, and where and when the terry-fic Terry Jarrard-Dimond will be teaching next.

I wouldn't hesitate to grab an opportunity to study with her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment