Sunday, January 22, 2012

Went south, going north & an opportunity for you

Thursday I went south for Road to California in Ontario. Warmth and sunshine!

I thought everybody else would be at work on a weekday. Instead quilters were out in force and chomping at the bit on opening day, which meant a 40-minute line to the ticket booth. From the entrance you can’t even see the end of the line which ended out on the street sidewalk.

ticket line
I was there for a photo op with Orange Rhyme which hung in Ricky Tim's All That Jazz exhibition.
Orange Rhyme and me
Seeing is believing. Silly me. See an online slide show of the entire exhibition here.

I also met with Annette Guerrero. Always great talking with a friend, roommate and fellow Crow Barn workshop participant. After lunch she help me find my way to the quilts amongst the many vendors.


Seeing others’ work always inspire me. I ended the long day by squeezing in an hour in my studio when I got home.

Then at the end of February, I'm heading north > brrr!< to Indianola, WA again for another workshop with Nancy Crow - Potpourri: a Challenging Variety of Compositional Exercises. That same week from 2/27 to 3/2 she's also offering Improvisations: Let’s Experiment!.

Turns out there are two last minute openings. Interested in this opportunity? Contact me for more info.

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! Good to see you and your fabulous quilt at Road. Hope you have fun in Nancy's class in February. Wish I was going, but I'm at the Barn for part 1 of lines, curves,... in late spring. Love what you've been working on lately!

    ReplyDelete