Monday, March 8, 2010

It's back!

Straight Talk came back from Hampton, Virginia where it was on display at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival XXI. This year's competition theme was Cheers! – how has your quilting come of age? As my first finished quilt, it signifies a new phase of my quilting life.

I also marked it for the Amateur Entry category: Amateur entries are defined as entries created by persons who have never taught quilting for a fee, published books on the subject of quilting, made money from their quilting through selling, designing or stitching, or won prize monies at a quilt competition. All true.

The judges, Bobbie Bergquist and Christine Porter, wrote: We agree you are a quilter! An interesting & unique original design. We encourage you to continue quilting & entering competitions.

Hurrah! They were too kind!

1 comment:

  1. kathy loomis3/9/10, 3:24 PM

    Congratulations! it's great to have a quilt in a show!

    I posted another response to your comment on my blog. You've given me a lot to think and write about -- thank you!

    http://artwithaneedle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete